- Define the focus for each test with the development teams and the user research manager;
- Design and conduct user research studies to drive customer-centric experiences in games in development and/or live;
- Define research methodologies that will provide actionable consumer insights;
- Participate in screening/recruiting and managing participants before and after each test;
- Participate in lab maintenance before each test;
- Moderate the participants during user tests;
- Write thorough analysis of the participants' behaviour and point of view based on surveys, interviews and monitoring notes.
Experience and qualifications
- Resourceful, quick to learn, and willing to make games better through user research;
- Bachelor or master's degree in psychology, ethnography, marketing research, information science, cognitive science, human computer interaction, computer science or related field;
- Able to clearly identify issues with tested product and prioritize those issues through reporting;
- Able to summarize shortly.
- Strong presentation writing and delivery skills;
- Able to manage multiple projects at once.
- Comfortable with qualitative research tools like focus groups, interviews, survey development, usability testing, etc.;
- Comfortable with quantitative research tools like surveys, data analysis, etc. (an asset);
- Solid knowledge of Excel and Powerpoint;
- Experience in user researcher;
- Experience in the gaming industry (an asset);
- Basic understanding of game development processes (an asset).
- Adaptable, action-oriented and a keen attention to detail;
- Able to manage time effectively;
- Team player;
- Empathy and people skills.
Motivation and interest
- Passion and ambition for videogames are essential!