The User Research Manager will lead the research laboratory and participate in research activities.
You will be responsible for collecting consumer feedback, planning, carrying out, improving user research processes and moderating studies.
You will deliver clear written reports in a timely manner as well as oral presentations of research findings to leaders and stakeholders.
- Collaborate in the creation and improvement of user research processes
- Organize the collection of consumer reactions, with user-friendliness tests, game concept tests, brand awareness tests, desirability tests, laddering, etc.
- Recruit, select, plan, write test plans, moderate studies and create reports
- Coordinate the work of external providers in the research for users
- Supervise junior researchers; facilitate the development of their skills and the progression of their career goals
- Keep aware about news and innovation in game design industry and in the evolution of research methods and visualization tools (training, conferences, and new practices).
Experiences and qualifications
- Baccalaureate in science (psychology), cognitive science, human factors, human-machine interaction, human-centered design, or the like required
- Master or PhD. in cognitive or experimental psychology, human-machine interaction or the like an asset
- Solid experience in the design, implementation, synthesis / analysis of data and the development of real knowledge
- At least five (5) years of relevant work experience: experience integrating research into a technology production environment
- Ideally three (3) years of experience in the video game industry (mobile experience, an asset)
- Excellent understanding of research methods and on the lookout for new methods adopted by industry and academia
- Experience working with modern user search tools, including analysis tools for statistical analysis (one more python skill)
- Strong knowledge in statistics, especially frequent probability
- Solid experience of qualitative and quantitative methods
- Solid experience in synthesizing objectives and research questions into research plans
- Capable of collaborating with people at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to work in a changing environment, and to meet changing timelines and priorities across multiple concurrent projects
- Strong belief in the value of collecting and analyzing data and the knowledge it can bring to solve important problems
- Strong ability to motivate and develop skills in others
- Proactivity and resourcefulness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Business driven
- Continually seek to improve his knowledge and understanding
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
Motivation and interests
Ambition and passion for video games are essential!