Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a driven Software Development Manager to coach teams of passionate professionals responsible for the design, analysis, development, and operation of the technologies developed by the central services group in Square Enix Montreal.
We are looking for a driven software development leader, that shares our passion for bringing the best services and tools to games. A person that is passionate about leveraging teamwork, technology and innovation to deliver solutions that delight clients. You believe in people and understand that our staff is the greatest asset of the company. Consistently wanting to empower your team and working every day for their growth, you know when and how to delegate.
The Software Development Manager will be responsible for organizing the development efforts and day-to-day challenges of a team of developers while helping them performing at their highest level. You will manage a team of highly skilled developers who are focused on the continuous improvement and growth of their careers.
- Develop and manage the growth of your colleagues and work deeply with them to achieve their potential. You will be responsible for a cross-functional engineering team.
- Enable and support others to work on the software and services that power our services by ensuring quality and guiding developers towards user first outcomes
- Work with third parties to organize and manage collaboration efforts with the development team to achieve the objectives
- Nurture motivation and well-being within the teams
During the first 3 months you will
- Develop and put in place an evaluation process aligned with Square Enix Montreal policies and procedures.
- Create objectives and training plans for the development team
- Work closely with HR and other departments to make sure that we can hire the best talent for our team
- Work closely with the directors and product owners to organize and manage collaboration with third parties
- Develop and communicate a clear strategy to achieve the goals
- Have one-on-ones with the team members and follow up their progression
In the next 6 months you will
- Collaborate to build projects schedules, monitor timelines and ensure that milestones and goals are met
- Continually collaborate with the Product Management and technical leadership to validate plans and ensure delivery of effective solutions
- Uphold quality software delivery and best practices
- Oversee and facilitate efficient agile practices
- 5+ years in team and project management in a software development environment
- Thirst for challenge, drive and ability to motivate others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a passion for teamwork
- Experience in team leadership and change management
- Experience in team expansion, including hiring, onboarding, training and supervision
- College or Bachelor's degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Experience with SaaS is an asset