Square Enix is looking for an experienced DevOps Specialist to join our Global Online Services Division (OSD) Operations Team.
The OSD Operations team focuses on designing and managing the infrastructure hosting public-facing online services, including websites, complex web applications, online game servers and backends, and data analytics platforms.
With the important growth of critical applications relying on this infrastructure throughout the company, we are implementing a “follow the sun” approach with members in London, Montreal, the US west coast, and on-call activities (24x7).
The OSD Operations team is keen on adopting the latest advanced technologies and putting in place a DevOps methodology to help in delivering the best games in the industry.
Working for Square Enix also means working close to game teams on exciting projects that have a high value for the company. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to day to day services requests and incidents using our ticketing platform
- Monitor online services and take necessary actions to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded
- Provide operational support to Dev and other teams towards all aspect of the infrastructure and help developers in debugging, troubleshooting and optimizing online software components and tools
- Liaise with the other 3rd level support teams regarding networking, server and storage issues
- Work alongside the subject matter experts and system administrators located at other sites
- Work with agile delivery teams to ensure build management, automated testing and software deployment
- Design implement and manage multi-provider cloud infrastructure for a wide variety of services and users?(including?container management, configuration management, orchestration/scaling systems)
- Create and maintain documentation on systems architecture, processes, workflows and playbooks to respond to alerts
- Participate in general improvement of the infrastructure
- Participate in on-call activities when required
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ year-experience working in DevOps / SRE role for a medium sized company supporting large scale, complex production infrastructure
- Linux system administration
- Troubleshooting methodologies
- Design, implementation and management of infrastructure
- Hybrid cloud production environment with IaaS / PaaS Public cloud (preferably AWS or GCP) as well as on-premises infrastructure
- Websites and web applications
- Highly available systems, distributed and clustered systems
- Container technologies and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
- SQL and noSQL databases (e.g. Cassandra)
- System automation (deployment and configuration management) with Ansible
- Infrastructure as Code using Terraform
- Alerting systems, central logging, log analytics, backup and archive solutions, e.g. Prometheus, grafana, Stackdriver
- Secret Management using Vault
- Coding experience in designing, developing, and maintaining automation tools
- Programming or scripting background in one or more of the following languages : java, C#, bash, python, go
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployments/Delivery Methodologies
- Version control solutions, e.g. Git
NICE TO HAVE
- Coding experience in designing,?developing,?and maintaining automation tools
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Relevant industry certifications (e.g. AWS?/?GCP certification: DevOps?/?SysOps?/?Architect; Linux related)
- Experience of working in gaming industry?
- Interest in working towards high quality standards, finding the right solutions, following best practices
- Strong focus on business outcomes and a service provider attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
- Highly motivated and "self-starting"
- Team player
- Motivated to share knowledge and open to constructive challenging by the team
- Willing to work outside of the standard business hours when required
Motivation and interest
Passion and ambition for video games are essential!