- Establish a strong foundation, strong guidelines, as well as creative methodologies to communicate clearly to team members and collaborators in order to assign tasks based on the project's needs as well as according to the designers' skills and abilities;
- Participate in the conception phase by directing the research and directing brain storming sessions;
- Define the story, emotions and mechanics of the game;
- Write and update the design documents and present them to the team and executives;
- Communicate the game's vision to the team through development in order to ensure the consistency across the whole game;
- Collaborate with level design to communicate the story, emotions and game mechanics of each level;
- Collaborate with the artistic director so the visual aspect of the game respects the story and emotions that the design team wants to create;
- Plan and assign tasks to the members of the team throughout development while keeping in mind the skills and qualifications of each designer;
- Conduct performance evaluations and revisions.
- Hire, Manage, Coach and Train the game design team;
Experience and qualifications
- Diploma in Game Design or related experience
- A minimum of 6 years of experience in the videogame industry;
- Minimum of 1 published title, preferably mobile / tablet.
- At least 2 years as a Lead Game Designer
- Experience in planning and managing a project
- Working knowledge of Unity a requirement.
- Ability to communicate their vision, coach and mobilise a team
- Excellent capacity to write and synthesize his ideas
- Knowledge of the technological constraints o the videogame industry
- Attention to detail and quality.
Motivation and interests
- Passion and ambition for video games are essential!