- The Lead Artist will have a balance of artistic talent, technical knowledge and leadership skills.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to implement a strong artistic vision that will enhance the creative direction, story, and design of the game
- Work along with studio directors, managers and producers to ensure the highest visual and artistic quality possible
- Create art for the game itself, from concept to release
- Support, inspire and coach artists and colleagues as needed, giving thoughtful direction and feedback
- Help recruitment and onboarding of artists to staff the game teams
- Support focus testing, and other consumer research groups with assets to help understand audience reactions to our products
- Ensure that visual quality and tonality is understood by external partners (web teams, marketing departments, and outsourcing)
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- College or university diploma in 2D and 3D art, or equivalent education
- 5 years' experience as a Concept, 3D or Graphic Artist; Experience leading art direction on a project, big or small
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of written and spoken English
- Extensive experience in establishing art assets production pipeline for mobile platforms
- Extensive knowledge of modeling techniques, texture mapping and materials
- Extensive knowledge of animation and rigging
- Strong fundamental knowledge of art, visual communication and design principles
- Versatility and comfort working in a broad range of styles and genres
- Positive leader with an ability to present ideas clearly and inspire a team
- Good sense of responsibilities, constraints, and schedules
- Ability to clearly express own artistic direction
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to think synthetically and analytically.
MOTIVATION AND INTERESTS
Passion to make new thoughtful work - and an ambition for the videogames medium - are essential. Enthusiasm for mobile games is a must!